Friday, August 3, 2007

Toledo


Just took a family trip to Toledo. We went to the zoo, the Mudhens game, and the Art Museum. I'm hoping to capture some of it in drawings and paintings. I really love Toledo! There are the cutest polar bear cubs right now. They make you remember how much fun life is, they romp around with such joy! The animals are fun but don't miss the garden! The zoo has the absolute best gardens around. The gardener there is amazing, he is so knowledgeable. Last year he gave me some seeds from an unusual plant called "Love in a Puff". The seeds actually have a heart on them. He has a huge collection of colleus, roses, and many more perreniels. The trimming and pruning is scrupulous. Flowers are a favorite subject of mine in my art work.
We had a Mexican dinner on the river, very pretty and relaxing. The Mudhens game was fun, they won! The weather was perfect!
At the Art Museum there was a Warhol show. I especially liked the prints on the glittery paper- diamond dust. Might be fun to try to replicate that with my art students...
I love the Vasarely, Close, Marisol, there. I love Picasso's woman with the crow- has to be one of my all time faves. and Cezanne, what's not to love... What a great day! What a great trip! I'm so lucky that the whole family loves this type of thing. Go Mudhens!

No comments: