Sunday, September 21, 2008

3 upcoming events

Congrats to Mary, who had an awesome show last weekend at the "Freedom Festival"!  Her car art was fantastic, and a great addition to the Car Show.  - and hooray for winning the 50/50 drawing! :)
I have 3 upcoming events to get ready for, "Art and Flowers" next weekend at the local flower  greenhouse- Van Thorres.  I'm going to display the flowers I posted that I did this summer.  
Then, the next weekend we have our first Art Retreat in Manistee.  It will be in a beautiful house right on Lake Michigan.  It's geared for beginning artists.  Mary and I are really looking forward to it.  Some awesome gals have registered, so it will be a great time!  I'm excited to work with a small group so we can gear the lessons more individually.
The weekend of the 10th I will be gone on my annual art teacher's conference.  I always pick up some new ideas, and it's so nice to concentrate entirely on art for a whole weekend.  It's in Grand Rapids again, which was wonderful last year.
Of course, I still have to get going for the May show...

No comments: