Wednesday, June 20, 2007

getting more done!


Today I ordered business cards, so it's official! I'm in business! Or, at least it feels official. I'm not really sure what makes a business, but it's probably not just having a business card. This is the picture I put on the back of my card, and I also wanted a little pink on it to match the lettering so I also added a part of the bleeding heart painting. It does look a little sappy, but I guess I just need to admit that I'm a little sappy. I can't help it that I love flowers and the color pink. I also ordered 4 frames online, I hope they work out well because they are way cheaper than anywhere in town.
Yesterday I drew at Ave's studio, she's the one that told me about the online frames. It was fun to see her since it's been so long- probably last summer... I haven't been figure drawing for quite a while so it was nice to give it a whirl again. Part of me feels like I don't have time to mess around like that right now, but I do love to draw people even though I have trouble with proportion when it is so direct like that.
I tried to see Laura's work in the show that's at the same building that Ave has her studio, but her stuff was in the locked part- it won't be open until the weekend. I'll have to go back and check it out. It's an Urban Artwork show, what I did get to see was fun stuff -graffitti like.
My gyclee prints should be in today, I'm anxious to see how they turned out. So, I want to get hooks today and pick up the prints so I can show them to my art fair booth-mates tomorrow. We are meeting at noon at the restaurant that will be across from our booth. It will be good to see them again and talk over the details. It would be nice if I could have a draft of my pricelist before tomorrow so I could get ideas from them.

No comments: