Monday, June 25, 2007

prints available

I just remembered to tell you that I had gyclee prints made of 4 of my paintings that I guessed would be the most "sellable". The titles are:
"Jena and Mickey", a painting of my daughter holding our black cat. It was in a show at Ella Sharp Museum a few years ago. It won an award of $250.00!
"Back to the Field" (that's the sunflower painting I posted earlier), this painting was in a MAEA show.
"Last Bouquet", I think this is a very likeable painting. I did it last winter. I noticed some pansies and rosebuds still blooming in February in my garden on the dining room side of the house! I hope it's not another global warming indicator! Yikes! In honor of their accomplishment, I stuck them in a little vase a did an a la prima painting of them. I love the memory of it.
"My Backyard" was also in an MAEA show. It won an honorable mention. This is my backyard, you can see the afternoon shadow of my house in the foreground.
I'm really excited about these prints, and I'm especially hoping something sells. This gives me another pricepoint. It really is difficult to price things.

No comments: