Wednesday, May 16, 2007

details about the Ann Arbor Summer Art Fair


Finally a picture made it to my blog. It took a while, but here it is- upside down. Remember this is all new to me! I don't see a place to turn it over- I'll figure it out later. Maybe I have to turn it over before I browse and pick it up to post.
Anyway, our bleeding heart bush is in bloom. In honor of the occassion I painted this picture on Monday. This summer I will be in my very first art fair, so I need to be really productive.
This is my first big attempt to sell my paintings. The Ann Arbor Art Fair will be July 18th - 21st. I will be on the corner of Liberty and 5th streets. It is by the Post Office and across from a restaurant called "Afternoon Delight". The Guild sponsers the show, and they generously offered a booth to art teachers. Art teachers had to submit 4 professional slides to be juried. I was thrilled to be selected. I will be sharing the booth with 4 other art teachers. Each artist works in a different media, so I think it will make a good display. There is clay, glass, pencil, oil, and I work in acrylic. I can't wait to see more of everyone's work. This is quite a challenge for me!

No comments: