Friday, July 2, 2010

Art Prize

The matching window for Artists and Venues is now closed, and I have connected with O'Tooles!  I'm proud to be exhibiting at an Irish Pub. I love the idea of displaying a painting of farmland with wheat in the foreground at a restaurant- the field to table journey is an intricate one.  There are so many steps and so many people involved along the way.  Food is not only important to survival, but it is integral to the social structure of every culture.  I'm lucky to live where I am surrounded by beautiful farmland.  Just yesterday they were baling hay in my backyard!  Farmers work endless hours in the summer.  The other night we got home about 11 pm and a tractor was cutting the hay on the dark, we could see the headlights glowing up and down the rows...

No comments: