Saturday, October 11, 2008

MAEA conference


Back home again... It was a great conference. Went to some nice workshops, learned some new techniques, have new ideas, learned more about brain research, and more... had a nice meal Friday night, topas! It's always wonderful to stay at the Amway- enjoyed the workout facilities, hot tub, and pool!
I especially loved hearing from 2 women who traveled around the world and photographed women who made handcrafted items and sold them to support their families. It's in the book "In Her Hands". The photography is beautiful, and the stories of the women were so touching! Lovely! I'm going to look back in my notes for their website. I really am inspired to do something to help support their projects.
Also went to Kendall School of Design, Grand Rapids Art Museum, and a Gallery walk. The weather was great, so we did a lot of walking outside which I love, love, love. Overall, very inspiring weekend.

No comments: